March Webinar: SUSTAINABLE ADVANCED STORMWATER & DRAINAGE CHANNELS
EROSION CONTROL DESIGN WITH REINFORCED VEGETATION
DATE: March 31 , 2021
TIME: 12 noon SYD|MEL|CBR|HBT
11 30 am ADE
11 00 am BNE
10 30 am DRW
9 00 am PER
Selecting the right channel, bank stabilisation and erosion control method is critical and depends on various parameters. Performance criteria and field performance of channel stabilisation methods include both hydraulic parameters such as shear stress and flow velocity, as well as non-hydraulic factors. Material selection, design, construction, and installation procedures are all critical to performance and project success.
– What is available in the Channel stabilisation and erosion control system market
– Why are reinforced vegetation and TRM systems the most advanced and sustainable solution
– Design and installation criteria and procedure
– Understanding of critical hydraulic and non-hydraulic properties
– Latest full-scale laboratory and field performance test results
– Comparing the hydraulic performance as well as sustainability of these systems
– How the EC-Design software assists in the designing stormwater channels
– Local case studies
Engineering Services Manager Propex Geosolutions
Drew Loizeaux graduated at the University of Tennessee, Chattanooga with a B.S. degree and M.S. degree in Civil Engineering. Loizeaux’s career started at Propex as a Civil Applications Engineer, progressing to the Erosion Control Engineering Specialist, and is currently the Engineering Services Manager. Loizeaux lead the redesign of Propex’s erosion control design application, EC Design®, as well as development of geotechnical applications for design and configuration of PYRAWALL® and SCOURLOK® and is a licensed engineer in the state of Tennessee.
National Technical Manager at Global Synthetics
Amir has a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering. As a designer, project manager and researcher, he has been involved in Geosynthetic industry over the last 20 years. He is now the Vice-Chair of the AGS Queensland chapter, member of the IGS Technical Committees for reinforcement, Stabilisation, and Barriers. He is also an Industry Board member of the Australian Pavement Research Hub, member of the Standards Australia Technical Committee CE/032- Reinforced fill structures working group, and guest lecturer at Sunshine Coast University and University of Wollongong.
If you would like further information
about any of our products please