DRAINTUBE™ is a horizontal drainage solution that provides all the benefits of a drain as well as the cushioning effect of a geotextile – all in one installation.
The system comprises perforated PP mini-pipes, geotextile layers and specific connection kits and is paired with dedicated design software.
Ideal for high-performance playing fields
For over 15 years, DRAINTUBE® SPORT has been used to successfully drain synthetic or natural sports fields and FIFA 2 stars certified synthetic soccer fields. It replaces the drainage layer made of clean gravel material and drains the infiltrated water on the entire surface of the field. It also acts as a separation layer between the sub-base and the foundation.
Unlike drainage solutions that involve trenches, the use of DRAINTUBE® SPORT limits the amount of earthwork required on the subgrade which prevents the formation of differential settlements and waves on the playing surface.
This has contributed to its success as a FIFA approved drainage system for some of the country’s premier soccer fields.
Quick and easy connections
The system is quick and easy to install and offers significant cost reductions, improved performance, and a better environmental footprint through a signiﬁcant reduction of greenhouse gases.
The quick-connect system connects the mini-pipes of the DRAINTUBE® SPORT directly to the main collector pipe. This allows for the replacement of the collector trenches when site conditions make their construction difficult. It also permits better control of the outflow.
Benefits of DRAINTUBE® SPORT horizontal drainage system
● Drainage and filtration of rainwater offer faster water evacuation than a gravel layer
● A proven solution for all types of sports surfaces – natural or synthetic
● Prevention of differential settlements or surface wave issues
● Savings on earthworks
● Easy installation with a single product to unroll
● A cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution as it replaces granular layers
● Multi-linear drainage geocomposite (ASTM D4439)
● Perforated mini-pipes made of polypropylene
● 3 diameters of perforated mini-pipes: 16 mm, 20 mm and 25 mm
● 4 spacing options between the mini-pipes: 2 m, 1 m, 1/2 m and 1/4 m
● Standard roll size: 3.98 m x 75 m
DRAINTUBE™ is ideal for playing fields but is also designed for high-performance drainage applications in the civil construction, landfill and mining sectors.
Contact the engineering team at Global Synthetics to find out more or download the DRAINTUBE™ specifications and brochures online.